If you weren’t around your television screens, social media profiles or just away from society in general, you probably didn’t know that Luis Suarez did it again. No he didn’t save Uruguay once more, no incredible goal, no free-kick nothing. No, Luis Suarez did something for the third time in his career – he bit a fellow professional footballer at the highest level of the sport. Otman Bakkal & Branislav Ivanovic are joined by Giorgio Chiellini in the list of Suarez’ biting victims. Now it remains unclear what sort of punishment the striker will be handed but fans on social media were quick to offer their opinion.
Along with these comments, quick witted brands took advantage of the incident to promote their own products and offers, or merely provide their own opinion. As the incident became more and more popular, many brands joined in to the trend (and my god was this trending!), but we’ve picked out 10 of the best and biggest names who offered their messages on Twitter. Check it out:
(Note that Twitter’s embedding doesn’t seem to be working again, for the second time in the last month or so, we’ve hence posted images along with the tweets)
10) Paddy Power and the Panini Sticker
— Paddy Power (@paddypower) June 24, 2014
9) Trident Gum keeping it simple
8) Here’s how you open a bottle of Bud Light
— Bud Light (@budlight) June 24, 2014
7) Clever puns from TGI Fridays
I think it’s safe to say Uruguay was hungry for the win. — TGI Fridays (@TGIFridays) June 24, 2014
6) Listerine’s message, in public interest
5) That does seem like a good solution from Nando’s
4) Well played Major League Baseball
— MLB (@MLB) June 24, 2014
3) Did Suarez not know of Dominos’ offer?
2) The first to join it the banter, McDonald’s Uruguay
Hola @luis16suarez, si te quedaste con hambre vení a darle un mordisco a una BigMac 😉
— McDonald’s Uruguay (@McDonalds_Uy) June 24, 2014
1) A clever but simple solution from Snickers
— SNICKERS® (@SNICKERS) June 24, 2014
Do you know of another brand that joined in? Let us know with a comment below !
- Suarez, Bale, Benzema & James in Adidas’ strangely likeable #ThereWillBeHaters ad - January 19, 2015
- Di Maria, Rooney & Van Persie transformed into anime style for official Man United campaign - November 13, 2014
- How would Ronaldo, Gerrard, Ibrahimovic and others look in the 70s? - November 8, 2014